* At The Comics Reporter, Tom Spurgeon has news that Salon.com is dropping Tom The Dancing Bug. After Tom Tomorrow’s This Modern World, TTDB is the strip I most associate with Salon. Perhaps not coincidentally, This Modern World is now Salon’s sole remaining comic strip.
* Comic Book Resources talks to Chip Kidd about his design work, especially for a new Alex Ross art book titled Rough Justice.
* Tom also runs down this week’s interesting new releases; at Comics Comics, Jog delivers his usual discerning list as well. I had no idea there was new Tatsumi due this week, but I join Tom and Jog in being excited about it, even if I can’t join them in only having three letters in my first name. New Complete Peanuts is also always great news.
* At Comics Worth Reading, Johanna Draper Carlson looks at how user reviews on sites like Amazon.com may be evolving in unanticipated ways.
* At his blog, cartoonist Sean Phillips posts the cover art to Criminal Vol. 5, which is being solicited in the next Previews to arrive in comic shops in June. If you’re reading Criminal in collected form only, this will be your last fix for about a year, as Brubaker and Phillips are working on more Incognito and other material before resuming regular programming.
Uncomics: The Shame of the Chicken Caesar Salad.
— Alan David Doane